Thursday, December 15, 2005

Job 38:8-11

I found this in a book I was reading, it was unreferenced (except for at the back, when I checked later). I thought it was straight poetry and was curious as to where. To say the most I wasn't thinking about it very hard and to my surprise, it's from Job (maybe I don't know the Bible like I should ;) It was nevertheless a pleasant surprise and a verbal 'wow' came out of my mouth, I have heard this before, but not this version (NEB).

Who watched over the birth of the sea,
when it burst into flood from the womb? -
when I wrapped it in a blanket of cloud
and cradled it in fog,
when I established it's bounds,
fixing it's doors and bars in place,
and said, "Thus far shall you come and no farther,
and here your surging waves shall halt.
-Job 38:8-11

No comments: